Friday 4 April 2014

Project 1 - Cutlery - Concepts #1

Come closer, I won't bite~

Continuing on from my previous post, I developed out the sketches a little further so this blog and my next blog will be some showcases with a bit more detail compared to the last one!

Not all my concepts are here, just the ones I think worked rather well over all. Let's walk through the concepts..



Ahri, the Nine Tailed Fox

Ahri is an interesting character from League of Legends, with quite a magical background and her animal characteristics made her an interesting design to try and create a cutlery set out of.
I wanted to take the texture of her skills, her outfit and her cute but deadly personality to base the concept of this design.

It seemed like an easy thing to do at first but she has so much details that characterize her it's hard to target it down to something simple.
I gave it a shot though and this was the outcome:



The Great Minecraft!

Minecraft as a game has incredible creation potential. It's a virtual Lego loved by all people of any age range. I wanted to get across the same enjoyment and wide ranged audience with this particular cutlery design. By creating your own 'tower' of blocks on the handle you can customise the cutlery to your own unique preference.

You're not paying for a set design, you're paying for the base to make it your own!

My design puts across this concept really well, in my opinion. So, here's the sketch with a few of the more popular brick designs!



Jinx the Loose Canon + Caitlyn the Sheriff of Piltover

Two more of my favourite range champions in League of Legends! Let's start with Jinx, the Loose Canon.


Jinx's personality is very rogue. She hates being bored and loves causing chaos. She has a wide range of weapons and a laid back, crazy attitude.

I wanted to take her mix and match outfit material, and the designs of her weapons and mash them up to design a cutlery range for Piltover's Loose Canon.

So, here's the sketches with inspiration taken from my absolute Number 1 favourite champion!



Moving onto Caitlyn, the Sheriff of Piltover. She has a tough attitude and a strangely 'revealing' and some what elegant outfit. Mechanical aspects of her appearance are what I want to create a different style of cutlery. I wanted o focus on the typical design but this was my chance to go a little differently and show I can think outside the box. Again, I used her outfit for the design but the mechanical aspects of her weapons to concept the entire idea.

Here's my outside the box idea~



Mood Ring Inspirations

As a kid, I loved wearing a ring on my finger that changed colours. I had no idea why it changed, I thought it was magical. So, this idea is based on my younger self and an old love for the Mood Ring concept.

I wanted a way to try and make the colour change depending on the flavour of food, Spicy, Sweet, Bitter and so on. Or maybe even the temperature of the food on the end.

Obviously, it would be difficult to do as I have no idea about the actual creation of the whole Mood Ring thing.

I thought the concept was awesome so here's my sketches:



Celtic + Mabinogi's Goddesses

Celtic Knot's don't really need an explanation. The knot idea engraved into the handle of any cutlery design would be a success in my opinion. I wanted to draw them out for myself to see how the concept would come to life, and below you can see my outcome.



Back to another game now, you'll see my influences from Mabinogi. The game is based on Celtic Mythology so it's right up my street. I took the 3 major Goddesses (Morrighan, Macha and Neamhain) and created a set for each one of these beautiful characters.

Neamhain, is the Goddess of Light in this game. She doesn't have a lot of screen time compared to her sister Morrighan. She starts to turn against the world her sister created, after realizing that they took her son away from her as punishment. She owns her own continent governed by the Elves and Giants. Like the others, staying true to my original thoughts on this project, I used her outfit to design the set.



Here's my idea from the Goddess of Light. <3



Macha was recently introduced into the game, she is the Goddess of Destruction. She has a darker personality compared to her two sisters. Having cursed some of the humans on earth, even after they give endless sacrifice to her. She was bound in the void by her sisters to stop her destroying the world Morrighan created. There has been attemptive summons on several occasions, the most recent one succeeding and allowing the Goddess of Destruction to gain revenge on the Milletains.

Here's my concept for the firey personality of the Goddess Macha. <3



Finally, we have the Goddess of War and Vengeance Morrighan. Morrighan is known for her split personality. One side of her is calm and collected, understanding - the complete opposite of her traits! As the story progresses her sinister nature shows through as her plan to use the characters in the game to destroy their world and create their own land of paradise. Morrighan is the Goddess we see progress through the entire Mabinogi storyline, and we get a good feel for her personality. Though, because she's so split it's hard to focus on one thing. I tried my best with this concept but looking back on it now I wish I could have done the Goddess more justice.

Here's my idea for Morrighan, the Goddess of War and Vengeance. <3



Next on the List~..

Some more Concepts, because I think this post is long enough! Watch out for it!

For those who are looking for more detailed pictures of my sketches, you can browse them on my Pinterest. I'll create a new board for my work on this project.

Watch this Space~! <3

  My Twitter  |  My DeviantART  |  My Tumblr  |  My Pinterest  

No comments:

Post a Comment