Friday 4 April 2014

Project 1 - Cutlery - Concepts #2

Keep friends close.. And enemy's guessing! ~

Just following up from my previous post. A little more detail, a little more shape coming into these designs and what exactly inspired the idea in the first place! Again, not all my ideas are here. Just the ones I thought worked rather well.

Nami the Tidecaller

Yet another League of Legends Champion, Nami!
I love the entire design of this champion and my head exploded with ideas for cutlery. I couldn't let this idea bypass me, so here we are! After going through a few ideas I had finally pushed it down to a few that I thought worked really well. One of them I started to model in 3DS Max before thinking that maybe it wasn't as challenging as I wanted it to be.

Nami's an interesting concept that I was excited to try and bring into a reality (There's a Jinx Fork in there for a bit of colour change!!):



Lulu, the Fae Sorceress

League of Legends is quite a big thing for me, so 75% of my inspirations came from this absolutely massive game. But when you look at the champions is it any wonder? Lulu is another of these design heavy champions that I felt drawn to with this project. Her appearance and background seemed like a fantastic place to base my cutlery idea.

Her staff can texture an entire set itself, so there's endless possibilities here! And! I want to try and include her magical aspects to make the idea little more.. Abnormal.

I think I pulled it off, it's a little simple but I think it works:



Gates of Oblivion

Oblivion in the Elder Scrolls series has a good amount of ideas that I could try and squish together to create a single set of cutlery. I think that if you made several different ideas then they would all refer to each other in some way which wouldn't make the idea as effective, in my opinion. The game is based around these demon gates to another realm full of death and demons. The horrific aspect means the colour scheme for the set would have to be dark, maybe glowing like the Oblivion Gates themselves.

So, here you go!



Lulu, Caitlyn and Demonic OverPowers.

I spoke about Lulu just a few sections ago, and Caitlyn in the previous post, and the demonic structure in the previous, previous post. So this section is just a little bit more detail on their behalf. These 3 were designs I really liked working on so I went to progress them and render them out properly. With that in mind, the final rendered concepts can be seen below!


Nami poppin' Jinx~

Before I close off, I did an alternative Nami design and a more complex Jinx design just to showcase all aspects of her character in the design. These were done for complete fun!



Caught up with all my sketches and concepts, so the last thing on the list is the final closing idea! Isn't it exciting. :3

Watch this Space~! <3

  My Twitter  |  My DeviantART  |  My Tumblr  |  My Pinterest  

No comments:

Post a Comment