Saturday 1 February 2014

Live it up with 3DS Max

Hey'oh bloggers~



I'm back for Semester 2 of my Undergrad course, and this blog is for my Intro to 3D Design module with good ol' Justin Magee.

3D Design is always something I wanted to try and get into, especially for characters and such but it always seemed like such a scary thing to step into on my own. Now, I have the rest of my class and a damn good tutor to help me out so that should give me a bit more confidence. I hope.


"Aspire to Create, we have no limitations to our desires."
The purpose of this blog is to record my experiences, difficulties, resolutions, and projects I'm doing. Just to see how I progress through the next 12 weeks. Who knows, maybe I can help out some more aspiring 3D Designers with my beginners blog. That would be sweet~

So, for this first blog I guess it's more about difficulties and planning for the upcoming weeks.

I don't own a fancy desktop PC or a high spec Laptop, I have a little HP Compaq Notebook Laptop. About 3 years old now and she's done me pretty well! For all the games and stuff I put my poor laptop through, I'm surprised she's still going but I'm surely not complaining. Running 3DS Max is a bit of an issue, the interface is rather laggy no matter what version I pick up but that's something I'll learn to work with. I can be patient if I try!

Fellow classmate Melissa Campbell shared a link with us giving small tutorials in how to create some 'basic' shapes from scratch. I'll leave the link at the bottom but I want to give a huge thanks to her for helping us all out! Her credentials are Google. Expect anything less? <3

Our first project is a brief on creating Cutlery under a specific theme. I was completely drawn in by the one that mentioned 'encourage radical experiences', rubbing my hands together I decided the brief had already picked me. I'll post up another blog tomorrow, after trying to get the ideas out of my head, in regards to some sketches I have and my general concept idea.

Check out Justin's Projects here! 



Watch this Space~

No comments:

Post a Comment