Sunday 23 February 2014

Tutorial Week #3 - Interior

Here we goo~

A short update on a tutorial we did in Week 3 that I lost several times due to technical issues with my laptop. All is fixed and it shouldn't happen again for quite a long time. I hope.



So! In Week 3 we made a basic house interior. Nothing big and fancy, just some simple extrusions and attaching splines together. Then taking out bits, and shelling the holes. We started with some lines that looked a little like the picture to the right.


We did the outer lines first, and also built the door frame areas into the structure they were not cut out afterwards. We joined all the separate bits together to create one big spline so that when we made it into a 3D model there weren't any breaks and it worked as smoothly as possible.

Then we extruded it upwards to make it 3D, then it got a little complex. We edited the polygons to create the top of the door frames. After which we cut out little windows, shelling together the gaps between the two walls. Here's a little close up:





That concludes this tutorial, my apologies for the lack of detail. If you want to try it for yourself then you know the drill. The video will be posted around the bottom of this post so check it out. Until next time..


Watch this Space~ <3


  My DeviantART  |  My Pinterest  |  My Twitter  |  My Tumblr  

No comments:

Post a Comment