Sunday 23 February 2014

Tutorial Personal #2 - Bottle: Part 2

I'm bacckk~

Finishing off my previously posted bottle tutorial, this one shouldn't be very long as all I'm doing now is making the screw feature within the neck of the bottle. I have tried to extrude a helix in the appropriate way and I can say it's pretty easy and doesn't take up much time, so let's get started shall we?

In case you didn't see the previous post, this is what we have so far. A nicely extruded bottle model with a shell thickness of 1cm. I followed my tutor's video tutorial on how to make it, and there's a second part for the screw cap. I'll post both videos at the bottom as usual.


First, we'll start by creating a helix in the top view, and moving it above the actual model of the bottle. Making sure it has the following dimensions:
20cm Radius, 25cm height, and 3 turns.

Then create a smaller object to the side, similar to the shape in the picture on the left side here. Fillet the edge how you think will work better, then we will use that to model the Helix
using the Loft modifier.

Now, it doesn't take a genius to notice that the helix has gone over the outline of the bottle. This is how it's supposed to be. Look at a bottle, any plastic bottle. The screws on the outside, not the inside. Smarty pants. Now, we have to give it a twist by using the deformation section of the modify panel. Give the end a 45 degree twist, just for a better effect.

We want the ends of the helix to go into a point, for this we used the Scale tool. Added two corner points and adjusted the lines, then made all the points into bezier smooth points. Giving us a final outcome like the picture shows below.

Lastly, we highlight both objects and assemble them together. And there you go. Now the colours aren't all the same but texturing is a different tutorial for a different day. Again see the videos below and give it a go yourself. :)



Watch this Space~ <3


  My DeviantART  |  My Twitter  |  My Tumblr  |  My Pinterest  

No comments:

Post a Comment